Importance of Mattress Cleaning
You may wash your linens in Ruislip on a regular basis but are you missing out on cleaning your mattress? Although the mattress is covered, it can still get dirty and smelly too. Most people spend a good percentage of their life sleeping in their beds so it is vital that you ensure it is in the best possible condition for you to use. Unlike linen cleaning, you do not have to wash your mattress all the time but it is would be wise for you to make sure it is cleaned every now and then to prevent grime and odors. After all, it isn’t very pleasant sleeping in a smelly bed, is it? If you’re unsure of how to go about cleaning your mattress, follow our advice.
Firstly, you’ll need to move your mattress away from any furniture in your home in the HA4 region to ensure you can reach it from all angles. Then vacuum the mattress methodically on both sides. When you have finished vacuuming, you need to focus on any stained areas. Mix ¼ tablespoon water with 1 tablespoon of laundry detergent until it looks thick and suds begin to appear. Using a sponge, apply the mixture and rub the stained areas in circular motions until it has vanished. For stains that are deeply embedded into the mattress, there may be little chance of getting rid of it entirely. Our method only works for surfaced stains. If your mattress needs a deeper clean, our best suggestion for you is to use a steam cleaner. It really is a miracle worker to get rid of the deeply embedded dirt and grime.
If your mattress is getting moldy, you should let it dry out one sunny day. Moisture causes the mold so by letting the heat get to it, it should dry it right out. Wipe away any excess mold or mildew.
There are a variety of ways to remove mattress odors. The simplest method is to cover the mattress with baking soda and leave it on overnight. Vacuum the following morning to get rid of the excess powder. Citrus type cleaners are also effective at eliminating odors. Spray the mattress with it and leave it to rest for a few minutes. Then blot it all off with a damp cloth. Another method is to use a commercial cleaning product which is usually effective at getting rid of odors. You really have to try out these methods yourself in your home in Ruislip, HA4 and then you’ll know what does and doesn’t work for you.
Here are some extra tips you should remember when it comes to mattress cleaning:
• Flip your mattress every six months to extend the life of your mattress.
• Check the label on your mattress before cleaning it to make sure you follow its instructions so you know how to properly clean it so that it doesn’t get damaged.
• Change your sheets and vacuum your mattress regularly to keep it smelling cleaner for longer.
• As soon as a stain occurs, you should attend to it straight away. By dealing with it as soon as possible, there’s a bigger possibility that you will be able to get rid of it. By leaving it, the stain will soak further into the mattress and it will be difficult to remove.
• Consider investing in a mattress pad for your home in Ruislip. Then, if a stain occurs, it will only stain the pad, not the mattress. All you’d have to do is put the pad in the washing machine and it’ll come right out.
• Dry out your mattress whenever you can to get rid of the extra moisture.