The kitchen is one of the most regularly visited rooms of every home. Most members of the family visit there at least once, which is why it makes perfect sense to pay special attention to kitchen cleaning.
When it comes to cleaning your kitchen, there are two common scenarios. You can either invest a ton of effort and time to eventually get the job done, or you can utilise working and proven methods that have an almost immediate effect. If you value your time, you will naturally pick the latter home cleaning method. As for the hacks that you can utilise, here are few of them:
- Banish odours out the door - yes, sometimes your kitchen smells of a delicious recipe you are preparing, or gives off a warm and welcoming scent of freshly baked bread. However, sometimes there is this unpleasant odour of fish or spoiled food that just makes you want to stay away from the room as far away as possible. No kitchen cleaning can help you here, but you can resort to a simple technique, which features vinegar. Simply pour some in a cup and simmer on the stovetop. Soon enough the unpleasant smell will dissipate.
- Fruit flies, be gone - if there are fruit flies giving you trouble, you can easily fix that without any special cleaning solution. Simply cut a lemon in half and place both parts on the oven racks. Don’t close the door and leave the lemon inside for a few hours. Next, turn the broiler on and let the oven cool off. You will notice all of the flies are no longer around and that your kitchen smells wonderful. No specialised cleaning needed!
- Restore cabinets the easy way - in case you haven’t heard, baking soda makes for an awesome cleaning solution. Utilise its power to clean the accumulated gunk on the outside of your kitchen cabinets. Create a mix of vegetable oil (one part) and baking soda (two parts) and work that into the surface area of every cabinet with a sponge. You will soon enough know of the amazing power of this cleaning mix.
- Whiten a not-so-white-anymore sink - give the sponge a little break and use half a lemon to clean your kitchen sink instead. Sprinkle the sink with some baking soda and use half a lemon to scrub the impurities. Such cleaning method may seem unusual, but it is highly effective.
- No more hard cleaning hard water deposits - in case you are not in on the best way to clear out hard water deposits, listen and listen closely: vinegar is the secret. All hard water deposits melt away by the sheer power of vinegar. It can greatly aid your bathroom cleaning efforts too!
- Backsplash back up - if you think that the tile grout doesn’t get dirty just because it is in the kitchen, you are sadly mistaken. Some baking soda and vinegar can fix that right up for you. It is an effective gentle cleaning solution that falls in the category of easy to make eco-friendly cleaners. Sprinkle baking soda, wait for the fizzling reaction and scrub clean. Enjoy a spotless grout!
- Lemon up the trash bin - lemon, as it turns out, is useful not only as a fly pest remover, but also as a tool to use in tra�sh bin cleaning. Run a lemon cut in half across the bin to make sure it is allergen-free and properly disinfected.
There is no doubt that these domestic cleaning techniques will do wonders for you, so why not use them the next time you are doing a kitchen cleaning round?